Vara Mahalakshmi Puja
Vara Mahalakshmi Puja is a popular ritual observed by married women in the states of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Andhra Pradesh. Varalakshmi Vrat is a festival celebrated to appease Goddess Lakshmi, the consort of Lord Vishnu. This festival falls in the holy month of Shravan on the first Friday before the Pournami (the full moon day), corresponding to the months of July – August. Married women undertake the Vrath for good progeny, good health, and wishing long life for their husbands. It is believed that worshiping goddess VaraLakshmi on this day is equivalent to worshiping AshtaLakshmis, the Eight forces of energies.
Significance, Rituals, And Laxmi Mantra Rituals
Laxmi is the goddess of prosperity and wealth. Invoking goddess Laxmi in this Shravan month of shukravaar (Friday) is believed to be extremely favorable. If someone observes a fast on this day with complete dedication and devotion, Goddess Laxmi gives them blessings with wealth, prosperity, and long-lasting happiness.
Varalakshmi is the wife of Lord Vishnu and is one of the Mahalakshmi goddesses. Varalakshmi comes from the ocean of milk, also called Kshir Sagar. Similarly, colored clothing and a milky complexion describe her appearance.
Varalaxmi Vratham Significance
The Eight forces of the universe are referred to as Ashta Laxmi, and they are the names given to Ashta Laxmi –
- Aadi Laxmi (Force)
- Dhairya Laxmi (Courage)
- Dhan Laxmi (Wealth)
- Santaan Laxmi (Children)
- Vidya Laxmi (Wisdom)
- Vijaya Laxmi (Success)
- Dhaanya Laxmi (Food)
- Gaja Laxmi (Strength)
In the Hindu Scriptures, it is believed that when you observe Varalaxmi Vartham, The goddess Laxmi blesses women with all eight energy sources and also with the desire to fulfill wishes. The fast is only observed by married women to ensure the health of the male members of the family.
Varalaxmi Vratham Puja Rituals
- The devotees preparing for the fast need to get to their feet early in the morning and put on fresh clean clothing.
- Devotees can put their idols of Goddess Laxmi on a plank of wood and ensure that they are facing east.
- Then, put an empty bowl of rice on the wooden plank, and place chandan and kumkum across the four edges of that plank.
- Decorate the goddess’s face by using Kumkum as well as Bindi and then make a Kumkum stick using coconut that is placed over the Kalash.
- Place five betel leaves, five fruits (date fruits), and a silver coin on the Kalash.
- Dress up Goddess Laxmi and present vermillion, jewelry, and clothing.
- Light up a Diya before beginning the prayer to the Lord Ganesha like we do prior to any prayer.
- Following that, make your prayer to Goddess Laxmi and then recite Varalaxmi Vartham Katha.
- Share Prasad to the Goddess Laxmi and ask for mercy and favors from goddess Laxmi for a prosperous and healthy life.
- Then, distribute the prasad to your friends and family members.
- The following day, you must do a small pooja for the end of your Varalaxmi Vartham Katha and the Goddess idol must not be moved from the spot until Sunday.
1. Om Shree Mahalakshmyai Cha Vidmahe Vishnu Patnyai Cha Dheemahi Tanno Lakshmi Prachodayat Om॥
ॐ श्री महालक्ष्म्यै च विद्महे विष्णु पत्न्यै च धीमहि तन्नो लक्ष्मी प्रचोदयात् ॐ॥
2. Om Hreem Shreem Lakshmibhayo Namah॥
ॐ ह्रीं श्रीं लक्ष्मीभयो नमः॥
The Importance of Varalakshmi Vratham Puja
Varalakshmi Vratham is described as the most significant celebration that is celebrated in South India and is celebrated by married women to ensure the health and well-being of their family members. “Vara” means boon. The Lakshmi goddess gives boons to devotees who perform the pooja on the day.
During Sravana Masam, this Vratham is performed. It takes place on the Friday before the full moon (Pournami). Varalakshmi is a woman who is known as Charumathi’s dream. She expresses the fulfillment of one’s desires to the goddess.
Date & Time For Varalaxmi Vartham Puja 2022-23
Varalakshmi Vratham on Friday, August 12, 2022
Simha Lagna Puja Muhurat (Morning) – 06:14 AM to 08:32 AM
Duration – 02 Hours 17 Minutes
Vrischika Lagna Puja Muhurat (Afternoon) – 01:07 PM to 03:26 PM
Duration – 02 Hours 19 Minutes
Kumbha Lagna Puja Muhurat (Evening) – 07:12 PM to 08:40 PM
Duration: 01 Hours 27 Minutes.
Vrishabha Lagna Puja Muhurat (Midnight) -11:40 PM to 01:35 AM, Aug 13, 2022
Duration – 01 Hours 56 Minutes.
Varalakshmi Vratam on Friday, August 25, 2023
Simha Lagna Puja Muhurat (Morning) – 06:08 AM to 07:43 AM
Duration – 01 Hour 35 Mins
Vrishchika Lagna Puja Muhurat (Afternoon) – 11:51 AM to 02:03 PM
Duration – 02 Hours 12 Mins
Kumbha Lagna Puja Muhurat (Evening) – 06:03 PM to 07:45 PM
Duration – 01 Hour 42 Mins
Vrishabha Lagna Puja Muhurat (Midnight) – 11:13 PM to 01:15 AM, Aug 26
Duration – 02 Hours 02 Mins
Varalakshmi Vratham Puja Kit
- Goddess Idol
- One Kalash
- Bright, fresh pieces of fabric to wear for the “Goddess” saree
- Accessories for the Goddess, such as jewelry and synthetic hair
- A mirror meant to be kept in the shadow of the god.
- 3 Coconut with its husk.
- Sharadu (sacred yarns of yellow used for tie-ups around the wrist and also called Charadu)
- The Chaupayi (a square elevated platform constructed out of wood)
- Fresh flower garland
- Haldi (Turmeric)
- The white powder of rangoli
- Raw rice
- Oil lamp
- Incense sticks
- A dish made of metal or a platter
Varalakshmi Vratham Muhurat 2022-2023
According to Indian astrology, the most suitable moment to worship the goddess Lakshmi is during the fixed Lagna. The belief is that when Lakshmi Puja is observed during a fixed Lagna, it will ensure long-lasting prosperity.
So, we’ve provided four puja timings in the event that the fixed Lagna is in place. Look it up below. If you are looking for Varalakshmi Puja, you may pick a suitable time. On the other hand, evenings during the time that Pradosh coincides with the Goddess Lakshmi’s celebration are considered to be the best time to honor her.
Benefits of Book Purohit For Vara Mahalakshmi Puja Form SmartPuja?
SmartPuja has a team of Qualified, Knowledgeable, and Experienced Pandits/Purohits who perform Pujas as per your community, language, and region specifications. We’ll also send all Puja items and Puja Samagri for the auspicious Puja. We take care of the entire process including booking and assigning the right Pandit, with the best Muhurat.
From your end, you’ll need to arrange the Prasadam items like Sweets, Fruits, and Panchamrit along with Sringaar items (Mangal Dravya), Flowers, leaves, etc. Please be ready with the Goddess decoration as per your preference before Purohit arrives for the Puja.
All you need to do is to book the service, sit back and relax while we work on ensuring that you get a satisfying and divine Puja experience.
The Cost of Vara Mahalakshmi Puja includes Purohit’s Dakshina, travel expenses, all Puja items, and materials.
How to Book Purohit for Vara Mahalakshmi Puja?
In order to book the Vara Mahalakshmi Puja, we’ll need some basic information like –
Full Name :
Mobile Number :
Email Address :
Date of Puja :
The Puja booking details are shared over E-mail and SMS. You’ll also receive an advance payment link for 30% of the total amount. Your booking is confirmed with the advance payment. The balance amount is paid in cash or online, after completion of the Puja. We’ll also send you an email with the list of household items (like Plates, Bowls, Spoons, Deepam, etc.) that you’ll need to keep ready before the start of the Puja.
Please Click on the link below and book the Vara Mahalakshmi Puja!
Vedic Puja Ceremony| One-Stop solution | Truly Hassle-Free
Some of Our Customer Reviews:
FAQ’s Related To Vara Mahalakshmi Puja
Everyone should get up earlier on Varalakshmi Vratham and have a bath, scrub the home, and prepare to perform the ritual. Also, the entire home should be sprinkled with holy Ganga water.
Unmarried women are able to perform Varamahalakshmi Puja with their moms.
Simha Lagna Puja Muhurta (Morning): 6:14 A.M. to 8:31 A.M.
Vrischika Lagna Puja Muhurat (Afternoon): 1:07 P.M. to 3:25 P.M.
Kumbha Lagna Puja Muhurat (Evening): 7:12 P.M. to 8:39 P.M.
Women are able to perform Varalakhmi Vratha up to the 5th month of the period of pregnancy. After that, it’s considered theetu. Therefore, it is not recommended to do the pooja.