New Car Pooja: A Complete Guide
According to old Hindu traditions, whenever people purchase a new car or any heavy vehicle, they should perform an elaborated puja or ritual to eliminate any associated negative energies from it and bless it with positive vibes and harmony.
But with time, we are cut-shorting the puja rituals and shifting towards summarised DIY processes.
We are getting modern, but that does not mean pujas and rituals followed by old generations are bogus. All the pujas and traditions have a meaning, and we should follow them to avoid consequences.
Facilitating easy and hassle-free pandit booking, SmartPuja has made it all very easy for you by providing pandits online for every occasion. Be it Vehicle Puja to bless your new vehicle, Griha Pravesh Puja for a new home, or any other festive puja. We have Vedic pandits from various locations for all occasions. We offer our Puja services, astrology, e-puja, catering, florist, photography, and other services in Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Pune, and Kolkata.
What is Vehicle/ Vaahan/Car Pooja?
Vehicle Puja is a well-known Hindu ceremony. Every time someone purchases a brand-new, expensive item, vehicle, or appliance in Hindu culture, they perform a puja before using it to honour or bless it.
The purpose of Vahan puja or vehicle pooja is to bless a new vehicle to ensure that it harmoniously blends in with the house and prevents future tragedies. People do this puja for all vehicles, including motorcycles, scooters, cars, and trucks.
Significance of New Car Pooja
Hindus do Vahan Puja/Vehicle Puja to bless their new automobiles and to ask for protection from accidents and disasters in the future. Given how significant it is to be able to purchase a car, it is also a means to express thankfulness to God for the vehicle. People would perform this puja if they bought a vehicle for business purposes in the hopes that it would bring them continued success and good fortune.
Benefits of Car Pooja/Vehicle Pooja
Hindus perform car, vehicle puja, or car pooja to get gratitude for their brand-new cars and seek long-term protection.
- Car puja serves as a way to express Gratitude to God for blessing them with the vehicle.
- It would offer them continuing prosperity, good fortune, and success.
- This puja confers a highly successful and profitable professional career.
- Vahan puja, or new vehicle pooja, guarantees that contemporary machines and tools operate efficiently and safely.
- Vehicle pooja also aids in overcoming challenges and difficulties one could encounter at work.
- This puja gratifies desires, grants every wish, and bestows wealth and protection.
- Also, it commands a tremendous deal of dignity, fame, and respect in society.
Who Performs Car Puja?
The car puja ceremony is an extraordinary moment for the car owner and the family. The car owner, the priest, and members of the car owner’s family perform the puja. You can also perform the Car puja at home.
DIY New Vehicle Puja Vidhi At Home
- Underneath the four tires, place the four lemons.
- As you chant “OM GAN GANAPATYE NAMAH“ or the Gayatri Mantra, place five little dots with Kanku and Chokhaa on the car’s bonnet.
- While saying the mantra, crack open the coconut next to the car and pour the coconut water across all four tires.
- Light a Diya and an incense stick and move them in circles inside the car.
- Put the Ganesha or other divine sign on the dashboard while sitting in the driver’s seat. We do this so that God’s blessings are always with us.
- Recite the mantra five times while closing your eyes, and then pay gratitude to God and the angels for protecting and blessing you.
- Take blessings by kneeling to your elders, then rejoice by giving everyone prasad.
What Are The Drawbacks Of Performing DIY Vehicle Puja?
Performing a DIY pooja is less effective than the puja performed with the help of a pandit. It is so because doing puja is a complex process, and we don’t know all the rituals and procedures that need to be done, whereas a pandit has acquired this knowledge by studying for several years.
Pandits know what mantras to recite and what rituals to perform. Plus, it is not just about performing it correctly; it is also about the blessings that pandits ensure to the owners from their ritual procedures.
Book Pandit for Vehicle Pooja
Thanks to technology and SmartPuja, you can now book a pandit directly from their online platform for vehicle puja with only a few clicks. Our pandits are highly experienced and professional. They take care of every samagri for the puja and perform it with utmost sincerity. Bless your vehicle and avoid all the mishaps. Book now and relish the benefits of the puja.
Vehicle Puja Vidhi by Pandit at Home
- To wash the right hand, Pujari will give the owner of the car the sacred water from the Kalash. They will do it three times.
- The pandit will hand the automobile owner the rice to sprinkle over the front of the vehicle.
- The pandit creates a swastika on the car hood using water, turmeric powder, and sandalwood paste. Pandit again gives the car owner some rice to spread on it after finishing the swastika drawing. Pandit recites several mantras for each span. Lord Ganesha’s name appears in the majority of chants.
- The priest chants some mantras while looping the incense sticks three times clockwise around the swastika.
- The pandit keeps reciting some mantras, lodges a Lord Ganesha idol close to the steering wheel, and then splashes holy water on it.
- The vehicle owner cracks a coconut close to the right front tire and sprinkles coconut water. The family later consumes the coconut as Prasad.
- Squeezing lemons under a car’s wheels is also thought to ward off bad luck. The car is then shifted to the right to complete a new vehicle pooja.
SmartPuja – One-Stop Shop for Hassle-Free Online Pandit Booking
To handle even the most minor details of your puja ceremony, turn to SmartPuja. The pandits should perform the puja with the same rituals, fervor, devotion, and sincerity you would have put into the puja.
For whichever puja you want to perform, SmartPuja is your one-stop shop. We have a group of knowledgeable pandits with the necessary Vedic knowledge and experience. According to the pooja ceremony, we also supply all puja Samagri, including flowers, coconuts, camphor, etc., and also help owners with a checklist of household items they need to collect for the puja.
Additionally, we provide puja services across all cities in various languages. The pandit is fluent in that language and is well-versed in all the traditions and rituals practiced in that region of India.
FAQs Related To Vehicle/Car Pooja
Lord Ganesha is worshipped in a vehicle puja.
The best days to buy a car are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. If an auspicious Muhurat or auspicious Nakshatra falls on a different day of the week, one may still purchase a new car on that day.
However, the Ganpati Idol is the most frequently used and advised for usage on automobile dashboards. You could also install other deities you believe in.
You can book a pandit to perform a new car puja remotely. All the puja practices will be done online as per the Hindu tradition.
– Deities, including Lord Ganesha, Goddess Laxmi, Mangal Dev, Bhumi Dev, Lord Venkateshwar, and Lord Kuber, should be worshipped during pooja for new car.
– All puja samagri must be gathered to perform the puja perfectly.
– Mantras must be chanted in Vahan or car puja.
– Avoid dressing in black or white color for the puja.
– Avoid using old clothes to use for new car puja.