What is Rudrabhishek Puja?
Rudrabhishek is known as an ancient mantra that is chanted in Aakasha (Space) and is downloaded from there. During the ancient period, maharishis and sages used to sit in meditation, and they heard these mantras in space. Whatever rishis heard during their meditating period, they started transferring it to other people, known as the Rudrabhishek effect. The mantra infuses positive vibes and energy into the surroundings, alleviating all the negative effects.
Rudrabhishek Puja Mantra
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिबर्धनम् उर्वारूकमिव बन्धनान् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मा मृतात् ॥
सर्वो वै रुद्रास्तस्मै रुद्राय नमो अस्तु ।
पुरुषो वै रुद्र: सन्महो नमो नम: ॥
विश्वा भूतं भुवनं चित्रं बहुधा जातं जायामानं च यत् ।
Why is Rudrabhishek Puja Done?
Rudrabhishek Puja is performed to alleviate one’s sufferings and to bring prosperity to one’s family. This auspicious puja is dedicated to Lord Rudra, who is one among 108 different avatars of Lord Shiva. Rudra means destroyer of sorrows.
According to the legend, Lord Rama installed a Shiva Linga at Rameshwaram and performed Rudrabhishek Puja to express his devotion to Lord Shiva and seek his blessings. This puja is hailed from ancient Hindu scriptures as one of the most influential and potent pujas to remove evils, attain desires, and for overall prosperity.
Lord Shiva has many names let’s check ekadash (11) rudra names :
But, finding an ideal Pandit for performing Rudrabhishek Puja is a challenging task. However, puja involves a simple procedure; it must be completed perfectly to seek blessings. If you are struggling with a pandit booking for your Rudrabhishek Puja, then SmartPuja will help you.
SmartPuja is a religious platform that aims to connect devotees with highly experienced and expert pandits who will explain the rudri path with meaning.
We offer online pandit booking services, which you can avail of in the:
Moreover, our pandits are well-versed in 17 languages, including Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bihari, Marwadi, and many others, delivering Puja Services and E-Puja Services with desired language preference for easy understanding.
Who Should Perform Rudrabhishek?
Here is the list of people who can perform Rudrabhishek:
- People who want to eliminate the evil forces and are surrounded by negative energy must accomplish this to bring positivity into life.
- Performing this pooja by everyone can bring prosperity and happiness in life.
- Performing this pooja will help you improve your personal life, bring happiness in life, avoid evil forces and eyes and reduce threats to your life.
- Pooja is beneficial for people who want to get rid of health ailments.
- Performing this puja also brings peace to the home
- It helps you to attain success in your business and bring harmony to your relationship
- People suffering from health ailments for a long time can get rid of them by performing this puja. It is done under the supervision of experienced pandits
- It also helps you get the blessings of Lord Shiva and bring in good fortune
One frequently asked question for the puja is- “Can ladies do Rudrabhishekam?”.
The simple answer for it is that ladies, unmarried girls or women, can perform or be part of this puja as it helps lead a peaceful and healthy life, facilitates a successful career, and helps devotees find an ideal life partner.
What Are The Benefits of Rudrabhishek Puja?
Following are the Rudrabhishek puja benefits:
- Decrease the negative impacts that are caused by the aggrieved moon
- Reduce the effects of various nakshatras and make you stay strong
- Bring in harmony and wealth
- Remove negativity, clean lousy karma, and give enough protection in life
- Defend devotees from risks and evil forces
- Give a strong mind and enough strength to deal with various issues you have been going through.
- Get succeeded in a career, education, and job
- Maintain healthy relationships
- Get rid of financial issues in life
- Get rid of all health-related problems
- Bring a lot of wealth and harmony to life
- Remove lousy karma and negative energy that is hindering your growth in your personal and professional life.
- Stay protected from evils and get enough strength to deal with various difficulties.
- Get rid of evil effects and doshas in your horoscope
- Like protection from evil, prosperity, helping dispose of evil deeds, and resolving planetary dosha.
When Should You Perform Rudra Abhishek Puja?
Monday is considered the day of lord shiv. Also, you can perform Rudrabhishek puja on any Monday. Shivratri is one of the famous occasions when devotees prepare for Rudra Abhishek by offering Jal and prasad to lord shiva and Chanting Rudrabhishek Mantras. The Month of Shravan is full of devotion, and the best Rudra Abhishek muhurat to perform Rudra Abhishek puja. You can also perform Rudra Abhishek puja along with Birthday Puja, Griha Pravesh Puja, or any special occasion.
What Is Needed For Rudrabhishek?
Many important puja samagri is needed for Rudra Abhishek. This puja samagri is required to please lord shiva, and many of them are favorites of lord shiva. Here is the list of samagri of Rudra Abhishek Puja:
A variety of flowers and Fruits as prasad for Rudra Abhishek is also prepared for Rudra Abhishek pooja samagri to please lord shiva.
Rudrabhishek Puja Procedure/Puja Vidhi
- To begin with, devotees first need to place Shiva Ling on a plate in the puja area.
- Light a Diya or lamp with ghee or oil and put it right in front of the Shiv Linga.
- Arrange all the required puja samagri in a plate and sit in the puja area facing towards the east direction. Always sit on asana, and avoid sitting on the floor.
- Light the Diya or dhoop and shower ingredients like Bhasma, Durva, Bel Patra, and flowers to God while ringing the bell.
- Clean your hands after the procedure and offer supari, paan, elaichi, laung, and other items.
- While distributing the samagri or offering it to god, always chant Om Namah Shivaay or Maha Mrityunjay Mantra.
- Light camphor and perform a parikrama to finish the puja. Seek lord Shiva’s blessings for an auspicious end.
Where To Perform Rudrabhishek Puja?
You can perform Rudrabhishek Puja at any temple where shiva ling is present. You can also perform Rudrabhishek puja at home if you have Pranpratishtith shivling. So you don’t have to worry about where you want to perform Rudrabhishek puja. SmartPuja pandits will help you with all the preparations and decorations.
All you need to do is collect the samagri and get dressed for the divine experience.
Things to Keep in Mind While Doing Rudrabhishek Puja
A few below-mentions things to consider will help you perfectly perform the puja.
A. Dress Appropriately for the Puja
- When practicing Rudrabhishek Puja, both women and men should dress in clean and traditional attire.
- Although dressing in new attire is considered highly auspicious, you can wear washed clothes on puja day.
- Your clothes should not be torn or dirty.
- Wearing any color except black is suitable for puja day.
B. Choose a Holy Place for the Puja
- You must arrange a clean and purified place to perform the Rudri Puja.
- Then, you can decorate the place with Diya, lamps, lights, flowers, etc., to create an optimistic and auspicious environment.
- A rangoli design at the place for Rudrabhishek puja at the home entrance or near the mandap will create a holy environment.
C. Show Respect & Devotion to Lord Shiva
- You must show devotion and respect during the Rudra abhishek pooja and avoid distractions, such as using mobile phones or talking to others.
- You must not get up from the puja until there’s an emergency.
D. Have Patience & Faith During the Puja Process
- Do the puja peacefully.
- You must not be in a hurry to conduct the puja.
- Performing puja patiently will help you do every ritual perfectly.
E. Follow Proper Puja Procedures
- You must follow every puja procedure correctly and per the Hindu culture with the assistance of pandit to move towards Rudrabhishek path.
- Offer prayers while concentrating and meditating in front of idols.
- You must also chant Rudrabhishek mantra.
F. Practice Gratitude & Offer Prayers to God
- You must always be grateful to God for the things you are blessed for.
- Offering prayers and gratitude will help you get God’s blessings and peace in your life.
Types of Rudrabhishek Puja?
This Puja is performed to destroy all evil forces and possible dangers related to various aspects of life, be it happiness at home, success in career and job, harmony in relationships, and much more. Shravan Maas is considered to be the holiest month of the year. During Shravan Maas, the cosmos is naturally charged with Shiva tattvas (elements) that purify the mind, the senses, the body, and the self. It’s the best month to worship Lord Shiva with Rudrabhishek Puja.
We offer two main variants for Rudrabhishek Puja – Eka Rudrabhishek and Ekadashi Rudrabhishek.
Eka Rudrabhishek (1 Pandit)
Rudri Path is done once along with Abhishek Rituals.
Rituals Include: Ganapati Puja, Sankalp, Kalash Sthapana, Punyahavachan, Navagraha Puja, Rudri Path, Rudrabhishek, Archana, Mangal Aarti, Aashirvachan, Prasad Vitran etc.
Duration: 1.5- 2 Hours.
The Cost of Eka Rudrabhishek Puja includes Purohit’s Dakshina, Puja items, Samagri, Flowers and Leaves, and Travel expenses.
Eka Rudrabhishek with Mrityunjaya Havan (1 Pandit)
Rudri Path is done once with Abhishek Rituals and Mrityunjaya Havan
Rituals Include Ganapati Puja, Sankalp, Kalash Sthapana, Punyahavachan, Navagraha Puja, Rudri Path, Rudrabhishek, Mrityunjaya Havan, Purnhauti, Archana, Mangal Aarti, Aashirvachan, Prasad Vitran, etc.
Duration: 2 – 2.5 Hours.
The Cost of Eka Rudrabhishek with Mrityunjaya Havan includes Purohit’s Dakshina, Puja items, Samagri, Flowers and Leaves, and Travel expenses.
Ekadashi Rudrabhishek (3-4 Pandit)
Rudri Path is done 11 times with elaborate Abhishek Rituals.
Rituals include Ganapati Puja, Sankalp, Kalash Sthapana, Punyahavachan, Navagraha Puja, Rudri Path, Rudrabhishek, Archana, Havan, Mangal Aarti, Aashirvachan, Prasad Vitran, etc.
Duration: 3+ Hours.
The Cost of Ekadashi Rudrabhishek Puja includes Purohit’s Dakshina, Puja items, Samagri, Flowers and Leaves, and Travel expenses.
Booking Process of Rudrabhishek Puja
In order to book the Puja, we’ll need some basic information like –
Full Name :
Contact Number :
E-mail Address :
Location Address :
Puja Variant and Date of Puja :
The Puja booking details are shared over E-mail and SMS. You’ll also receive an advance payment link for 30% of the total amount. Your booking is confirmed with the advance payment. The balance amount is paid in cash or online, after completion of the Puja.
We’ll also send you an email with the list of household items (like Plates, Bowls, Spoons, Napkins, etc.) that you’ll need to keep ready before the start of the Puja.
SmartPuja has a team of Qualified, Knowledgeable and Experienced Pandits who perform Pujas as per your community, language, and region specifications. We take care of the entire process, from booking to assigning the right Pandit, with the best Muhurat, Puja Items, Puja Samagri, Flowers, etc. All you need to do is to book the service, sit back and relax while we work on ensuring that you get a satisfying and divine Puja experience.
Some of Our Customer Reviews
FAQs Related To Rudrabhishek Puja
You can prepare an Ashana facing east instead of sitting on the floor while performing this pooja. However, the pandits will suggest the right Ashana to sit.
It can be performed by anyone who wants to succeed and stay peaceful. It also eliminates various doshas in the horoscope and planetary defects.
The pooja takes an hour to finish.
It can be performed both in the evening and in the morning. Some pandits help you accomplish this pooja.
Lord Shiva cursed Champa and Kewda flowers, and as Rudrabhishek is performed to please Shiva, these flowers must not be used.
Datura is Lord Shiva’s favourite flower.
Jujube fruit or ber is offered to Shiva. The fruit is a symbol of gratification for desires and longevity.
You can perform Rudrabhishek puja at home, and SmartPuja pandits will help you effectively complete this auspicious occasion.
SmartPuja is among the best puja service and has many skilled and knowledgeable pandits to perform the Rudra Abhishek puja. You can reach and book a pandit to get the puja done with all the practices and customs of Hindu culture.