Hindus, Jains, and Sikhs celebrate Kartik Purnima on the full moon day (known as Purnima in Hindi) in the month of Kartik (October-November) or on the fifteenth day of the Kartik month. It is known to be the most sacred month of the year for religious ceremonies. Booking a pandit for this auspicious Kartik Purnima Puja is a great way to ensure that everything will be done according to rituals.
In the year 2023, Kartik Purnima will be celebrated on 27 November 2023 (Monday). Conducting a puja and keeping a fast on this day is believed to be a great way to move towards the course of Karma, Dharma, and Salvation. The significance of this day is different in different regions and Hindu denominations.
Booking a pandit for this auspicious puja is a great way to ensure that everything will be done according to rituals and you can have a satisfactory pooja experience.
SmartPuja is the best platform to book a pandit online for Kartik Purnima or any other puja services. We also offer other catering, photography, florist, e-puja, and astrology services in the following cities-
Connect with our experts to know more.
Kartik Purnima in 2023
Kartik Purnima will fall on 27 November (Monday) 2023.
Significance of Kartik Purnima
In Vaishnavism (a major Hindu denomination) tradition, this day is deemed substantial and holy for worshipping Radha and Krishna. Radha Krishna is said to have performed Raslila with their Gopis on this day.
The grand Kartik Purnima celebration is observed at the Jagannath TemplePuri, and other Radha Krishna temples by organizing Raslila performances on Kartik Purnima, as well as all these temples honour sacred vows throughout the month of Karthik. As per some other legends, This is the day when Krishna worshipped Radha.
In some regions, people also know Kartik Purnima as ‘Tripurari Purnima’ or ‘Tripuri Purnima’. The name Tripurari comes from the demon Tripurasura’s foe. According to some legends, the term Kartik Purnima denotes the three demon sons of Tārakāsura.
Tripurari is an alias of the god Shiva. On Kartik Purnima, Shiva took his Tripurantaka form and killed Tripurasura.
Tripurasura had defeated the whole world and the gods and built three cities in space named “Tripura”. Having killed the demon(s) with a single arrow, Shiva destroyed the demon’s three cities, and the gods declared this day a festival of illumination. This day is also known as “Dev-Diwali”—the Diwali of the gods.
Tulsi and Vishnu
On Kartik Purnima, Matsya, the fish-incarnation of god Vishnu (avatar), and Vrinda, the personification of the Tulsi’s birth anniversary, are also celebrated. Devotees also perform Tulsi Vivah on this day.
This day is also celebrated in Southern India as the birthday of Lord Kartikeya, the god of war and son of Shiva. People also dedicate this day to the dead ancestors and pitrs.
Guru Nanak’s birthday is celebrated on Kartik Purnima in Sikhism.
The significance of this festival increases even more, when it falls in the Krittika nakshatra (lunar mansion), then it is called Maha Kartik. If it falls in Bharani nakshatra, then the results are said to be remarkable. If it falls in the nakshatra of Rohini, then you will see even more fruitful results. On this day, any charitable act should be accompanied by blessings equal to the performance of ten yajnas.
Kartik Purnima Puja Vidhi And Rituals
- Pilgrims visit pilgrimage places during sunrise and moonrise on this day to take a holy bath. The Kartik Snan is considered a sacred bath.
- If you can not go to the pilgrimage site, then you can also bathe at home by adding Ganga Jal to the bathwater when taking a bath at home. Then, light ghee or mustard oil Diya in front of Lord Vishnu and ceremonially worship him.
- On this day, devotees worship Lord Vishnu with tremendous devotion. Flowers, incense sticks, and lamps are used to worship Lord Vishnu’s idol. On this day, devotees should pray to Lord Vishnu to overcome their worries and lead a happy, peaceful life.
- All the worshippers observe a fast on the day of Kartik Purnima. The fast is named Satyanarayana Vrat, and devotees read the Satyanarayana Katha on this day.
- Devotees also conduct ‘Rudrabhishek‘ in their houses. The temples of Lord Shiva are dazzlingly illuminated on this day.
- It is believed that donating Diya on this day is very fruitful. It is also an auspicious day to recite bhajans and Vedic mantras.
- Vrinda and Lord Vishnu’s wedding is celebrated in Pushkar during this month through a fair. Kartik Purnima is the last day of the fair, and devotees take a holy dip in the Pushkar Lake to gain salvation on this day.
- Try to feed any poor or needy brahmins on Kartik Purnima.
Benefits of Kartik Dosha Nivaran Puja
- Aids in stabilizing financial conditions.
- Helps in removing all the obstructions on the course to success.
- Helps to alleviate the evil effects of Kartik Dosha.
- Helps obtain the Sun God’s blessings and offers radiance.
- Helps in getting a name and fame.
Spiritual Benefits of Kartik Dosha Nivaran Puja
- Paves the way for bliss.
- Lures positive energies.
- Keeps illnesses at bay.
- Offers ease from stress.
- Removes negativity from the mind.
- Helps to improve concentration.
Health Benefits of Kartik Dosha Nivaran Puja
- As a result of worshipping, worshippers are relieved of difficulties, diseases, and dangers
- Chances of getting any disease reduces.
- Shields from illnesses & enhances health.
- Increases immunity & grants longevity.
- Keeps you healthy.
Best Online Pandit Booking Service – SmartPuja
Performing puja on Kartik Purnima or Kartik month is very auspicious, and for that, you need a pandit who is well versed with all the rituals and has high knowledge of mantras.
SmartPuja is an online platform that provides scholarly pandits for every puja ceremony. It is considered to be the best platform for puja services because of its prices and how we handle all the arrangements and ceremonies.
Our primary focus is always the client’s satisfaction. All our pandits perform the puja with the same devotion as you. When booking a pandit with us, you do not have to worry about the arrangements. We take care of everything for you, from Samagris to setting up the Mandir, carrying essential samagris, and helping you with the checklist for other household items.
Connect with us on-
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook – SmartPuja108
- Twitter – SmartPuja108
- Instagram – smartpujasocial
FAQs Related To Kartik Purnima
You can only eat sattvic food, milk, and fruits during Kartik Purnima Fast.
The month of Kartik, also called Damodara, is a month when one’s devotion to Krishna is deepened, making it the holiest month for the devotees of Krishna.