As per Hinduism, Griha Pravesh is a highly significant ritual typically performed to ensure that the dwelling is clear of any negativity. This puja is conducted to ask for the deities’ graces to enable them to keep a close watch over their residence, bestow it with prosperity, and shield it from the evil forces’ intents.
Ganesh yajna and Vastu puja are just two of the intricate rituals that make up Griha Pravesh Puja. In addition, there are specific procedures, or Vidhis, that you, as a family member, must follow to benefit from Griha Pravesh puja fully. Also, it would help if you observed particular Griha Pravesh Dos and Don’ts for a flawless experience and utmost blessings. Besides, Smart Puja is at your service to help you guide in the Griha Pravesh puja process. They will also advise you on what you must do during this ritual and what you should avoid to get optimum benefits and God’s blessings.
Do’s of Griha Pravesh
- While conducting the Griha Pravesh ritual, the roofs, windows, and doors should be finished.
- Breaking a coconut is considered fortunate and should be done before stepping into your house.
- When stepping into your home, you must put your right foot forward and take the initial step.
- To cleanse your home, you must sprinkle salt water around your residence.
- Use reusable, biodegradable, or stainless steel utensils rather than plastic ones in the puja.
- Before performing the Vastu puja, only the gas stove should be moved into your new home.
- For your Griha Pravesh ritual, each of the idols in the home must face east.
- It would help if you decorated the entrance like a Simha Dwara. Griha Pravesh’s decor options can help you with the details.
- Mango tree leaves and flowers must be used to spruce up your residence. Also, the entranceway should have a lotus or swastika symbol since these are the lucky ones.
- You can add rice flowers or rangoli on the floor to elegantly adorn it.
- Giving gifts to visitors must include silver coins, idols, and candy boxes.
- Select Food Menu For Guests.
Don’ts of Griha Pravesh
- On this lucky day, stay away from carrying a black outfit. Griha Pravesh puja dresses options can help you with the ideal selections.
- Also, if you have recently lost a family member or are expecting a baby, do not conduct a Griha Pravesh.
- Once completing the Griha Pravesh Puja, avoid leaving your home empty. Once the Griha Pravesh ceremony is performed, one individual must remain in the house for at least three days.
Once you purchase a home, you must perform a Griha Pravesh ritual before relocating there wholly. The Griha Pravesh ritual or puja assists in maintaining a pleasant ambiance within your residence by expelling away opposing forces. Choosing a Subh Muharat is necessary to execute the Griha Pravesh pooja. Several individuals inquire about the dos and don’ts of Griha Pravesh Puja. This guide will help you know all of them, blessing your ritual.
SmartPuja, a well-known puja service, will provide you with all the puja samagri and guide you through the process. Also, its purohits and pandits will help you know the auspicious muhurat of performing the puja. In addition to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Pune, SmartPuja also provides our services in other cities. So, contact them through the following details:
- E-mail– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook– SmartPuja108
- Twitter– SmartPuja108
- Instagram– smartpujasocial
Frequently Asked Questions
You must discard broken or old items before moving into your new home since such items carry negativity.
You must avoid using sharp objects, like scissors or knives, during Griha Pravesh since they are not considered good during the ritual.
Yes, you can celebrate Griha Pravesh even if you are moving alone to a new home.