What Is Bhoomi Puja?
Bhoomi Puja is performed before constructing on a Piece of Land or tilling the land. Bhoomi or Earth is considered as the Mother of all that exists. By doing this puja we are seeking permission for our actions and forgiveness for disturbing the balance and equilibrium of Mother Earth. During the Puja we chant special vedic sutras and hymns to appease various energies residing in the space and also to ward off any ill energies. Bhoomi Puja is performed to bring good luck and fortune to the building. It is performed to seek blessings from God to ensure the construction completes without any hassle or unexpected hindrances. Also to request forgiveness of Mother Earth for disturbing the natural habitat.
SmartPuja provides end-to-end Hassle-Free Vedic ceremonies. Based on your language preference, we’ll assign experienced Pandit / Purohit from our team and perform the Puja as per proper Vedic rituals. We’ll also send all Puja items and Puja materials including Flowers, Leaves etc. for the auspicious Puja. From your side, you’ll arrange the Prasad items like Sweets, Fruits, Panchamritam and, Navratna.
Bhumi Pujan Vidhi
Many first-time homebuyers ask, “What is Bhoomi Pooja?” What is the struggle with the complexities of Bhumi Puja rituals? Therefore, they look up to their parents for spiritual guidance. While we recommend you remember certain key points for house construction, Bhoomi Pooja.
Each region has a different Bhumi Pujan Vidhi. These are the Steps of the Bhumi Pujan Vidhi:
- Identification of the Bhumi Pujan/Navdhanya spot – After taking a bath, the spot must be cleaned. Gangajal can be used to cleanse and purify the spot.
- Bhumi Puja must be performed by a qualified priest in order to banish Vastu dosha or other evil spirits. The east direction is best for performing the Bhumi Pujan. The priest faces the north, while the organizer of the puja faces the east.
- Bhumi Pujan/Navdhanya – Worship of Lord Ganesha begins with prayers to Lord Ganesha for the removal of all obstacles that may hinder the progress of the project, the blessings of Lord Ganesha should be sought in the form of Bhumi Pujan.
- The idol of the snake and other deities – The Lord Ganesha prayer begins with the lighting of an oil or ghee lamp. After that, the idols of the snake god and Kalash are worshiped. The belief that Sheshnaag rules over the earth and is a vassal of Lord Vishnu is the foundation for the worship of the silver snake.
Hence, to begin construction, one must seek the blessings and approval of the snake god (who lives at the Patala Loka). People seek his blessings and ask him to protect their homes.
- Kalasha Puja – The Kalasha Pooja symbolises the universe. The “kalash” is filled with water. Mango or betel leaves are added to the top. An inverted coconut is placed on top. A coin and betel nuts are kept in the kalash to offer prayers to Lord Ganesha or Goddess Lakshmi.
The Kalasha Puja helps to channel divine energy and attract positivity and prosperity to the bhumi.
- Offerings – Items to offer during the Bhumi Puja, or the chanting of the mantra by the priest, include flowers, incense sticks and kalava.
Bhumi Pooja – On the auspicious muhurat the main rituals, including the Ganesh Puja, is performed, followed by a havan.
Bhoomi Pujan/Navdhanya Benefits
Here are some benefits to doing Bhoomi Pooja:
- Prior to any construction or use of land for cultivation purposes, it is important to seek blessings from Mother Earth.
- This ritualistic pooja will ensure that all evils are removed from the land and all adverse effects are reduced.
- The Bhoomi Pooja also assists in the seamless completion of work without any obstacles.
- It ensures everyone who resides on the property will be happy and healthy. It is important to have higher yields when you use the land for agricultural purposes.
- Invoking Vaastu Purusha, the worshiper receives his blessings through Bhoomi Pooja.
- With the help of this pooja, construction sites are cleansed of all negativity. It helps to calm every corner of the house.
The Cost of Performing Bhoomi Pooja/Navdhanya
- The Cost of Bhumi Pooja depends on many factors. For pricing information, Please Contact Us.
- To Obtain Vaastu’s blessings, you must perform this puja under the direction of a knowledgeable priest.
- This Pooja is performed for the safety and well-being of the family.
The Significance of Bhumi Puja And Havan
Bhumi Pujan is the practice of praying to Mother Earth, or Bhumi, before beginning construction.
Usually, the ground is covered with a foundation stone or brick. Prayers are made to the almighty for their blessings and smooth operation. Bhumi Pujan basically asks for the permission of God to drill, dig, and till the land.
The Bhumi Pujan and Havan can also be done before you start any work, to ask forgiveness from underground living beings.
The plea is made in case anyone may accidentally cause harm to them while working on the construction. All five elements—Air, Water, Earth, Fire, and Sky—are honored in this ritual.
When Should One Perform Bhoomi Pooja?
In Hindu culture, when a person begins construction or land tilling for agricultural activities, the ritual of Bhoomi Pujan is performed.
A ritualistic 64-part diagram representing the ”Vaastu Purusha” is used to create the bhumi pujan.It is drawn in the northern-eastern area of the construction site using kumkum, seeds, and other materials.
Which Day Is Auspicious For Bhoomi Puja?
According to Vedic and Vastu astrologers, Shatbhisha, Uttarashada, Dhanishtha, Rohini, Chitra, Revati, uttaraphalguni, Swati, Pushya, Hasta and Mrigshira are the auspicious 2022 tithi to commence Bhoomi puja.
How Do Lunar Constellations Impact Bhoomi Pooja?
- One must determine the number of moon constellations on the first day of construction with the help of a qualified priest.
- A number between 1 and 7, or 19 to 28, indicates that the day is auspicious for performing the bhoomi pooja.
- But, if the result is between 8 and 18 then this particular day is very lucky.
What Are The Requirements For Bhoomi Pooja?
The following Bhoomi pooja items are necessary for Bhoomi Pooja/Navdhanya –
|Samagri/ Things required||Quantity|
|Kumkum (Red Sindoor)||100 grams|
|Turmeric Powder||100 grams|
|Sandalwood Powder||1 box|
|Incense (Agarbatti) Sticks||1 packet|
|Fruits||5 Types 2 Each|
|Beetle Nuts||100 grams|
Additional requirements are:
- 1 set of Navaratnas (9 kinds of gems), a pack of dry dates, 5 Lemons (green limes), a Pancha Lohas (5 metallics), and 2 packets of Navadhanya (9 varieties of seeds).
- You will also need quarters, 40, a half meter of white cloth, a matchbox and, a lamp, as well as oil, 10 panchpatras, and udharini.
A Plate, 5 bricks, a kalash(kalasam), a bell, a sheet, 4 plates, a god’s picture, and 5 foam cups, etc.
Bhoomi Pooja Mantras
To please the gods and to invoke positive energies from Bhumi, a variety of mantras can be chanted.
Bhumi pujas should include the most important mantra, “Om Vasundharaya Vimahe Bhutadhatraya Tanno Bhumih Prachodayat,” which is translated as, “Let us chant to Bhumi Devi, who is the Provider of all things; we ask her to bless our lives with wealth and fortune.”
Other mantras that can be recited include the Gayatri mantra to bring happiness to life and to eliminate negative energies; and the Ganesha mantra for removing obstacles.
How Is Bhoomi Pujan Muhurats Divided?
- Bhoomi Puja is considered a form of offering for mother earth before starting the construction activity on the property.
- Balidaan- the second step is considered an offering ritual in the Hindu culture.
- Ankuraa- Roopana is the process in which homeowners sow the seeds in the ground.
- Hala Karshaana is done during the ground levelling of the site.
- Shilaanyaasa is done while laying the foundation stone.
- After all these steps, water source or well-digging is done.
- Fixation for the door frames is next planned.
- The Last ritual for the construction phase is the Griha Pravesh Puja done while entering the new house
The Do’s And Don’ts of Bhoomi Pooja As Per Vastu Shastra
- It is crucial to construct the compound wall prior to constructing the house.
- The southwest wall should be taller than the rest of the walls in the house.
- It is recommended that the south and west walls are 21 inches shorter than the east and north walls.
- After selecting the site for construction, it is necessary to plant plants.
- It is even more fortunate to keep a cow or calf on the land.
- It is a good idea to consult a priest who has experience of performing Bhoomi Pooja. It can also bring happiness and prosperity into one’s life.
What Are Things To Avoid During Bhoomi Puja?
- Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays are not very auspicious days for Bhoomi Puja. Therefore, devotees or homeowners must avoid doing them during these days.
- Shradha Paksha, Divaskarma, and hadpaksha should also be avoided during Bhoomi puja.
- 14th, 9th, and 4th is not very auspicious dates for the Pujan.
- If a female in your house is more or seven months pregnant, avoid starting the construction activities
Bhumi Pujan/Navdhanya Muhurat 2022-2023
For 2022, Bhumi Pujan Muhurat
It is important to note that the difference between starting construction and laying the foundation of a new home is not the same thing. Construction cannot begin until the foundation is laid in accordance with Vastu and custom.
To determine the best day for house construction, consult a Vastu expert and an astrologist. The auspicious dates that precede Bhumi Pujan 2022 are listed below.
The best months to lay foundations are May, Margshirsh (December), January, and March (Baishakh), Shravan, and are all permissible.
Shravan, Margshirsh, and Magh are the best months for performing bhumi puja according to Vastu Shastra.
For 2023, Bhumi Pujan Muhurat
To ensure prosperity, wealth, and luck in your new house, choose a suitable date for construction.
You should also avoid choosing the Ashada Shukla or Kartik Shukla period for your house construction, as it is not considered auspicious.
Booking Procedure of Bhoomi Puja
You can book the Puja through our website: www.smartpuja.com or through Call at 080-61160400.
We’ll need some basic information like :
– Full Name:
– Mobile Number:
– Email Address:
– Location Address:
– Date of Puja:
The Puja booking details are shared over email and SMS. You’ll also receive an advance payment link for 30% of the total amount. Your booking is confirmed with the advance payment. The balance amount is paid in cash or online, after completion of the Puja.
We’ll also share the list of household items (like Plates, Bowls, Spoons, Napkins, etc.) that you’ll need to keep ready before the Puja.
Please Click on the link below to Book the Bhoomi Puja.
Vedic Pujas | One-Stop solution | Truly Hassle-Free
Some of Our Customer Reviews
FAQs Related To Bhoomi Puja
It is customary to perform Bhoomi Pooja at the north-east corner of the site since the north-east is considered a sacred location. When building a compound wall, it is important that the south-west portion of the wall is not lower than the rest of the walls.
To eliminate Vastu dosha or other negative energies, a qualified priest must perform these rituals.
Before beginning construction or land tilling to support agricultural activities, the ritual of Bhoomi Pujan is performed. A ritualistic 64-part diagram representing the “Vaastu Purusha” is used to create the bhumi Pujan.
It is drawn in the northern-eastern area of the construction site using kumkum, seeds, and other materials.
Things to Avoid During Bhoomi Pooja-such auspicious activities as Divaskarma, Shraadh paksha, and had paksha should be avoided.
Bhoomi Pujan, a Hindu ceremony, is dedicated to Goddess Bhoomi (deity of direction) and Vastu Purush. Bhoomi is the name of Mother Earth. This pooja is believed to have the purpose of removing all Vastu doshas and negative effects from the site. It will allow for smooth construction.
Navdhanya for Bhoomi Puja in English, Telugu, Tamil, and Kannada.
Apart from Bhoomi Puja, other rituals that need to be performed during the construction phase of a property are Vastu Puja, Balidaana, hala karshaana, ankuraa-roopana and shilaanyaasa.
Bhoomi puja is done to please Vastu Purusha, Pancha bhootas and goddess Bhoomi.
Avoid digging borewells before performing as digging borewell after Bhoomi puja is considered auspicious.