Udaka Shanti Puja
Udaka Shanti Puja brings a peaceful and positive beginning to any new venture in the devotee’s life. Practiced throughout India, the puja usually takes place before any religious activity like Griha Pravesh Puja, Upanyan, marriages, or for the well-being of the baby in the womb. The Udaka Shanti Puja is also performed for shanti after childbirth or to maintain good relations with the mother-in-law and other family members.
Since it is one of the essential pujas dedicated to a peaceful vibe in the house and amongst family members, the involvement of an expert Vedic pandit plays an essential role in effectively completing religious ceremonies. But where to find authentic Vedic pandits for Udaka Shanti Puja?
SmartPuja is the one-stop solution for all queries related to religious ceremonies. SmartPuja is an online platform that facilitates pandit booking for 400+ pujas and homas, astrology, and e-puja services. After booking pujas with our platform, you need not worry about mandala setup or samagris, as our expert pandit will carry all the essentials related to the religious ceremony.
Our services can be availed in:
Beneficial Effects Of Udaka Shanti Puja
Udaka Shanti Puja is considered a ritual to bring peace and harmony to the devotee’s life. The primary purpose of the puja is to protect the individual or family performing this ritual from bad happenings and evil spirits.
Water – the life-giving substance plays a vital role in the ceremony. Purnakhamba – a full pitcher made of silver, copper, or brass filled with water in which coconut and mango leaves are placed is used significantly.
Mantra recited in the procedure charges the water with positive vibes, which is then utilized for the deity’s abhishekam and distributed to devotees as prashadam. Some beneficial effects of Udaka Shanti Puja include the following-
- The puja purifies and channelizes positive energy in the environment and the devotee’s mind.
- Udaka Shanti Puja spiritualizes and purifies the environment with holy vibes.
- The elaborate rituals of the puja and chanting of various mantras help the devotee curb negative thoughts and obstacles.
- The puja is also performed after the birth of a child to seek blessings and prosperity.
- It helps eliminate the hurdles or obstacles in a devotee’s life.
Samagri Items Required For Udaka Shanti Puja Preparation
Holy Water – The purest Ganga water is brought to create a pious Aasna for the puja.
Akshata – This is used as rice(Akshata) is considered “whole grain”, thus symbolizing fertility and prosperity.
Yellow Cloth – The color represents wisdom and prosperity. In the Hindu religion, it is supposed to signify devoted respect for the deity.
Coconut – It represents the Hindu trinity- Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma.
Kalasha – The pious utensil represents a container for fertility and all good things.
Haldi-Kumkum – Colors of affection, sacrifice, and devotion are integral to showcasing devotion.
Mango Leaf – The combination of mango leaf and coconut symbolizes the deity’s body.
Udaka Shanti Puja Rituals
The main element of the puja is to bring the purest Ganga water and place it in the center of a Rangoli in a precious metal vessel (Kalasha) to make the space pious and pure.
- The Puja begins with the purification of the space by reciting the Aachamanam mantras and sprinkling pure, holy water on the altar and Aasna.
- The focus of Puja is on purifying the energy around; therefore, mantras are chanted in a vessel made of precious metal, filled with normal tap water. The vessel is also topped with a coconut, and the dots using Haldi-kumkum are made on the vessel.
- This is followed by a step called Asthapana, which places the vessel (Kalash) at the center of the altar.
- To invoke and invite Lord Vishnu and Agnee, oil lamps (Diyas) are lit around the vessel.
- Followed by this, mantras from Yajurveda are recited while the devotee offers flowers, Akshata, and Shringar elements.
- While the 1441 lines of mantras are recited over 2-3 hours, all the Diyas and Candle sticks are kept lighted for better energy.
- The mantras are devoted to the God Agnee and Vishnu with an honest intention of invoking their senses, inviting them to accept the prayer and seek blessings.
- The puja is then brought to an end with Havana for peace and harmony, followed by an Aarti session as a show of gratitude to Lord Shiva and Agnee for accepting the puja.
- The water from the vessel is sprinkled around the house for ultimate purification.
Mantras And Prayers Used In Udaka Shanti Puja
Udaka Shanti Puja involves chanting 1441 Udaka Shanti mantras, each having a significant role.
- The Mantras start with a request to Lord Agnee and Vishnu to come and listen to the puja.
- This is followed by special Sankalpa mantras that symbolize the devotee’s intention to perform the puja and the blessing he seeks.
- All the pious 1441 lines from Yajurveda are chanted to create positive energy and please Lord Agne and Vishnu with the purity of heart and perfection of pronunciation.
Why do You Need Pandit for Udaka Shanti Puja?
Udaka Shanti Puja holds an essential place in the Hindu religion for its magical effects in bringing peace, harmony, and prosperity. In many Hindu cultures, it is considered the best way to start any new venture for prosperity and success. The whole concept of Udaka Shanti Puja is based on the devotee’s true intentions and utmost faith.
But since it involves evoking the powerful energies of Lord Shiva and Lord Agnee through mantras, Vedic professionals are required to perform the ceremony. Every step of the ritual holds importance, and Vedic professionals have attained knowledge through learning and experience to ensure perfection. Pandits also help the devotee understand the significance of every ritual that strengthens faith and devotion.
Are you planning for the Udaka Shanti Puja? Or are you welcoming a new aspect in your life? If yes, then Udaka Shanti Puja will help you with the benefits, and SmartPuja professional Vedic Pandits will ensure the proper completion of the ceremony.
All our pandits are well-versed with the Vedic mantras and shlokas and have prior experience in the field. We will ensure that all the pujas and ceremonies are completed in the desired manner, with all the required puja samagris and other essentials.
Moreover, our pandits will also explain the significance of each mantra to the devotees.
Are you looking for more benefits?
Wander no more, as we have all the SmartPuja advantages recorded in a video for our clients. You can also review the reasons for booking pandit for religious ceremonies for more clarification.