Satyanarayan Puja Food Menu: Delicious Recipes for Your Puja
Hinduism observes the auspicious religious ritual known as the Satyanarayan Puja or Satyanarayan Vrat (fasting). In the Hindu Skanda Purana, it’s the first ritual mentioned. Purnima Day, or Full Moon, is the ideal day for Satyanarayana Puja.
The devotees must get up early morning and purify their bodies and souls with a holy bath followed by day-long fasting. Fasting is a scientific miracle that benefits the mind and body, such as controlling metabolism, reducing acidity, increasing stamina, and overall better psychological consciousness.
SmartPuja has been helping with puja preparations and best pundits over the years. With a skilled team of professionals, we are here to help you have a smooth Satyanarayan Puja experience. If you are fasting and feel lazy to work, connect with our Vedic experts for instant help.
We have proudly conducted 25,000+ Pujas & Homas, e-pujas, with 1200+ experienced pandits and purohits encompassing 400+ Puja Services. Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Puna, & Kolkata: no matter where you want to organize a wholesome Puja, SmartPuja is there to say, “Been There; Done That!”
Semiya Upma is a traditional South Indian breakfast dish that consists of vermicelli, spices, herbs, lentils, and peanuts. It is also referred to as vermicelli upma and requires less than 25 minutes for preparation.
Sambhar is all about vegetable stew, including lentils, tamarind broth, and pigeon peas. It is widely preferred in South Indian and Sri Lankan cooking. The stew has been adopted into Burmese cuisine as a favourite addition to Burmese curries.
Shahi paneer is an Indian subcontinent paneer preparation that consists of a thick sauce of cream, tomatoes, and Indian spices.
Small-cut potatoes cooked in spicy gravy. Sometimes curry leaves or Kasuri methi is added to enhance the taste.
Tomato pieces are cut and cooked with any lentils. Mostly urad dal or moong dal is used.
Cooked rice is rice that has been cooked through either steaming or boiling. Steamed rice and cooked rice are both general terms.
Medu vada is a breakfast food from South India made from Vigna mungo. It is typically prepared in a doughnut shape, crispy outside and soft inside. It is a common item on the menu in South Indian culture and is usually consumed for breakfast or as a snack.
Mysore Pak is a rich delicacy from the Indian state of Karnataka that is traditionally served during Diwali. Besan, ghee, sugar, and water were combined to make soft bits.
Suji ka halwa is a traditional North Indian confection made of fine vermicelli or cream of wheat (farina), jaggery, ghee, almonds, and cardamom powder. In Maharashtrian terms, it is also known as sheera.
Satyanarayan Puja Prasad
Kutti, or Choori as it’s sometimes called, makes up the prasad. Ghee is used to toast the wheat flour before sugar is added. The Panchamrit is prepared in addition to the prasad, and certain sweets and fruits are given to God.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 14 cups of ghee
- 50 g of sugar
- 8–10 uncooked peanuts ( optional )
Steps To Make Satyanarayan Puja Prasad
- Add ghee to a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add the flour right away.
- At a shallow temperature, roast the flour while stirring continually.
- Roast the flour until it turns golden and releases a beautiful aroma.
- Add sugar, then quickly off the flames.
- There will be some, but not complete, sugar dissolution.
- You will experience the sugar crunch in your mouth when eating.
- When the Kutti is halfway done, the peanuts are added.
- These can be separately roasted and added.
This recipe calls for patience, so be sure to toast the flour continuously over a moderate flame. Although cardamom powder and nuts can be added to make it richer, neither is present in the original recipe.
Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Food Menu
- Budget- Your budget will determine how much and what types of food you will include for the guests of the Puja.
- Several People- The food plates will be decided according to how many people are coming.
- Type of Food Preference– You will know the food preferences of the guests you have called over—at least the close ones. Choose the food accordingly.
- Time of The Puja- The timing of the Puja will also help you decide whether you can do away with light snacks or need a heavy lunch meal preparation.
Satyanarayan Puja Vrat
Fasting is a scientific method that benefits the mind and body. Purnima upavas provide several long-term benefits, including controlling metabolism, reducing acidity, increasing stamina, and using fasting as a scientific method.
While you fast, your mind and body have an opportunity to rest. With the ritual and prayer conducted that day, Purnima upavas rejuvenates and regenerates the entire human system, granting prosperity and happiness and bestowing prosperity and happiness when combined with the ritual and prayer performed on the day.
- Before dawn on the day of Puja, the worshipper rises early to take a holy bath in a sacred river.
- One can worship Lord Shiva or Lord Vishnu, depending on their interests. There is no unique Purnima puja ritual. It is up to the devotee how he performs the puja. The best day to perform Satyanarayan pooja at home is Purnima.
- Although it is recommended to fast the entire day without eating anything, the devotee is allowed one meal if they choose. However, this meal shouldn’t have any salt, grains, or pulses.
- The fasting period lasts until the moon is visible and begins at sunrise.
- The devotee prays to and worships the moon god in the evening after seeing the full moon rising. Prasad is then eaten after that.
Also Check: Satyanarayan Fasting Rules
The dala is decorated with vermillion, flowers, and beautiful flowers. This is used to offer puja on vrat day. A Panchamrit offering (Milk, Curd, Honey, Sugar, and Ghee) is made and presented.
When Should You Not Keep Satyanarayan Puja Vrat?
You are exempted from fasting on Satyanarayan Puja day if-
Have Certain Illnesses
If you have certain diseases that might aggravate fasting, you should not fast.
Fasting may have more negative effects on you as a pregnant woman than positive ones. Avoid skipping meals and follow your consulting doctor’s advice.
Lactating mothers need nutrition; fasting is generally not allowed.
Senior citizens can not fast if their bodies don’t permit them to.
What Is The Significance of Satyanarayana Puja?
The Lord Ganesha is prayed to before the Satyanarayan puja begins to remove impediments that might arise if the puja is performed improperly. Modak, a concoction of coconut, sugar, and laddoo, is a popular offering to Lord Ganesha. The Lord is sieved through flower petals in the last stage. Devotees fast on this day. The vrat food is made and Prasad too.
If you want to fast and still host a beautiful puja, Contact SmartPuja. They will get you through the preparation, decorations, florist, samagri, household checklist items, and everything you can think of.
So get in touch with SmartPuja through the following details.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore, Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru – 560076
Frequently Asked Questions
Not. At Least 72 hours after the puja, you cannot eat non-veg food.
Prasad is eaten for vrat, which is made using Panjiri, a delicious toasted flour of wheat, banana, and other fruits. To make Prasad more sacred, Tulsi leaves are added.
No. You cannot eat it for 72 hrs. You should also avoid non-veg food until the Prasad is in your body.