Maha Mrityunjaya Homam: A Journey to Self-Discovery
The Maha Mrityunjaya Homam, also known as the Sanjevani Homam, is a hallowed ritual dedicated to the only Lord of Death, Lord Shiva, (with the purpose of) protecting its devotees from premature death. The homam is performed to attain “Jaya” or victory over “Mritya” (death). It is said that those who worship Lord Shiva with unshakable devotion and flawlessly chant the 21 mantras of the homam will secure victory over death.
But the successful completion of this sacred homam requires the participation of an accomplished Vedic pandit, who plays a vital role in fostering peace and harmony within the household and among family members through this homam.
Picture this – you’re searching for the perfect pandit for a Maha Mrityunjaya Homam or a traditional Hindu pooja. Yet, the thought of navigating through countless options and managing the logistics of the ceremony is overwhelming. That’s where SmartPuja comes in.
Think of us as your trusty religious guide, leading you through the digital realm to over 400+ puja and homas listed on our platform. Moreover, we also assist people with astrology and e-puja services and have networks in:
SmartPuja is here to offer a seamless and truly memorable experience.
You can easily take the reins and book your pandit with just a few clicks. And don’t worry; we’ve got your back with the nitty-gritty details like mandala setup and samagri procurement.
Our expert pandits will roll out the red carpet, ensuring that every aspect of the ceremony is taken care of, allowing you to sit back, relax, and bask in the spiritual ambiance.
Get in touch with our Vedic connoisseurs at 080-61160400, and let us be a part of your spiritual journey. Trust us; it’ll be a story you’ll never forget!
Maha Mrityunjaya Homam: Why Is It Performed?
According to Rig Veda or Vedic scriptures, the Maha Mrityunjaya Homam is performed for several reasons, each reflecting its profound impact on one’s well-being.
- Firstly, it helps to prolong one’s lifespan by conquering death and promoting longevity.
- Secondly, it is an effective remedy for chronic illnesses and helps the body recover.
- Thirdly, this homam is a shield against accidents, health doshas, evil energies, and domination, ensuring the individual’s safety and protection.
- Fourthly, it helps maintain a balanced metabolism, heal the body, and nourish its forces.
- Lastly, the homam is performed to bring success and longevity to one’s profession, ensuring a stable and fulfilling career.
Therefore these reasons emphasize the essence of performing the Maha Mrityunjaya Homam for optimum physical and spiritual growth.
Maha Mrityunjaya Homam Samagri Requirements: A Comprehensive List
Here’s the samagri list and the required quantities (needed) to perform an uplifting Maha Mrityunjaya Homam ceremony!
|Betel Nuts||50 grams|
|Agarbathi||1 Pasupu – 200 grams|
|Meenakshi Kumkum||100 grams|
|Cow Ghee||1/2 Kg|
|Pancha Deepa oil||250 grams|
|Rice Powder||200 grams|
|Sugar Nuts||100 grams|
|Dry Karjuram||100 grams|
|Different Fruits 5 Items|
|Cow Pidakaklu, Varati||20 nos|
|White Jilledu Samidhulu||2 packets|
|Moduga Samidhulu||2 packets|
|Ravi Samidhulu||2 packets|
|Mango Samidhulu||2 packets|
|Navagraha Samit||1 Pkt|
|Small Hand Bell||1|
|Panchapatra Uddarani||1 Set|
|Dalchina Chekka||10 grams|
|Pacha Karpooram||10 grams|
|Anasa Poovu||10 grams|
|Tella Avallu||50 grams|
|Black Tills||50 grams|
|Rangoli Colour Power|
|Havan Power||200 grams|
|Gandham Chekka (Sandal Wood)||1 packet|
|Saffron Kumkum Poovu||1 Box|
|Vari Pelalu (Nel Pori)||100 grams|
|Atukulu – (Aval)||250 grams|
|Almond Seeds(Badam)||50 grams|
|Dry Grapes (Kismiss)||50 grams|
|Cashew Nuts Kaju||50 grams|
Step Into The Sacred Ceremony of Maha Mrityunjaya Homam With Vidhi
- Rise with the sun, preferably during the Brahma Muhurutam, and purify yourself with a bath using Ganga jal.
- Cleanse and adorn your chosen venue for the havan with flowers and wood apple (bel patra).
- Invite the divine presence by carrying out the Shodashopachara ceremony.
- Prior to the start of the homam, pay homage to Lord Ganapati by conducting Ganapati Pooja.
- During the homam, recite Lord Shiv’s Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra 108 times with a sacred Jaap mala.
- Offer flowers to Lord Shiva’s symbol, the Shivling, and perform an abhishekam containing water and milk.
- Express your intention and seek Lord Shiva’s grace through the performance of Sankalp by pouring water onto the idol.
- Pay homage to Lord Shiva with prayer, offering five sacred items – a lamp, incense, water, bel leaves, and fruits.
- End the homam by conducting an aarti and distributing the prasad to the family and fellow devotees.
Best Days In 2023 To Perform Mrityunjaya Homam
This homam is a powerful ritual that can relieve untimely death in life for those who perform it.
And there are certain days that are considered particularly auspicious for performing this ritual.
- On Sundays, for example, the sun god Lord Suryanarayan holds sway, and it is believed that by performing the homam on this day, you can tap into the god Surya’s power to enhance your health. And for those observing a fast, a single meal is allowed on this day.
- Mondays are sacred to Lord Shiva, and it is said that the blessings of Lord Shiva can be invoked by performing the homam on this day.
- Apart from these two days, the month of Shravan, Maha Shivratri, and Masa Shivratri can also serve as a pious time to perform this ritual, as it is held that Lord Shiva is particularly benevolent during this time.
Moreover, take a look at Maha Shivratri Festival 2023
But there is another reason why the Maha Mrityunjaya Homam is so essential. In some cases, a devotee’s horoscope may indicate the presence of Maraka Dosha, a harmful influence that can cause hardships and the death of someone close. In such cases, performing the homam is said to neutralize the adverse effects of this dosha and bring peace and prosperity to the person’s life.
Explanation of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
Imagine a mantra so powerful that every word holds a profound meaning. That’s the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra, waiting to be unravelled through the Homam.
“ऊँ त्र्यंबकम् यजामहे सुगंधीम् पुष्टी वर्धनम्।
उर्व्वावरूक मिवबंधनान् मृत्योर्मुक्षी यमामृतात्।।”
“Om Tryambakam Yajamahe, Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam।
Urvarukamiva Bandhanan, Mrityor Mukshiya Mamritat”।।
- ॐ (Om): Omkar is the form used to represent Lord Shiva.
- त्र्यम्बकं (Tryambakam): Lord Shiva’s three eyes represent Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. It’s a powerful symbol of His all-seeing wisdom.
- यजामहे (Yajamahe): worshipping God to please him
- सुगन्धिम्भ (Sugandhim): denotes the fragrance of his presence, strength, and knowledge.
- पुष्टिवर्धनम् (Pushtivardhanam): denotes he’s the father of all.
- उर्वारुकमिव (Urvarukamiva): refers to diseases that are deadly and overwhelming.
- बन्धनान् (Bandhanan): This means a person is doomed to death by deadly and acute diseases.
- मृत्योर्मुक्षीय (Mrityu Mokshiya): freeing the ones from the fear of death
- मामृतात् (Mamritat): Let me have some Amritam so that I can escape the cycle of rebirth and death levying diseases.
Benefits And Significance of Maha Mrityunjaya Homam
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra, also known as Rudra Mantra or Tryambakam Mantra, possesses numerous benefits & significance, such as:
- The Homam is a sacred ritual that offers a powerful shield of protection against life’s unexpected challenges.
- With unwavering devotion, those who perform the Homam can expect to see transformative results within just 30 days – a newfound confidence, a clearer mind, and a more harmonious existence.
- This homam not only safeguards against physical harm but also alleviates the negative influences of planetary doshas and neutralizes threats from malicious forces.
- The Homam cultivates inner strength and emotional intelligence, enabling you to communicate with grace and mindfulness.
- Moreover, it elevates your physical, mental, and emotional well-being, creating a harmonious balance within.
- And with its power to absolve all sins, the Homam provides tranquillity, peace, and renewal for you and your loved ones.
- All sins from this life and the past are removed by chanting the Mantra.
- Chanting the Mantra during the homam can absolve all past and present sins, leading to a renewed sense of spiritual clarity and purity.
Do’s and Dont’s In Maha Mrityunjaya Homam
|The devotee must take a bath before chanting.||Refrain from non-veg food before performing Homam|
|Devotees are instructed to sit in Kusha Asana when reciting the mantra.|
|Avoid negative thoughts during Homam for positive results.|
Book Your Pandit Online For Maha Mrityunjaya Homam
The timeless Vedic ritual of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra holds power to overcome death and unlock inner peace and well-being, but only when performed with precision. Those who attempt to execute it without proper knowledge risk encountering negative consequences. That’s why it’s crucial to seek the guidance of a wise and proficient pandit who understands the intricacies of this sacred homam.
SmartPuja is dedicated to providing (you with) access to such pandits, ensuring a meaningful and fulfilling experience. The pandits at SmartPuja are (not only) experienced in performing this homam, but they also possess a deep understanding of Vedic mantras and their power. To ensure a seamless and hassle-free experience, we offer a comprehensive housekeeping checklist, essential samagri, and auspicious muhurats. Our experts are always available to address your queries and requirements. Simply contact SmartPuja through call or WhatsApp and we will connect with you promptly, providing all the information you need to elevate your spiritual journey with the help of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra.
Frequently Asked Question
– 1 signifies Oneness
– 0 signifies Nothingness
– 8 signifies Everything