A great deal of auspiciousness is associated with the month of Bhadrapada in the Hindu Calendar. Traditionally, this month is devoted to celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi. But Bhadrapada Purnima (Purnima on Bhadrapada month) makes an exception, as the rituals and festivities on this day are dedicated to Lord Satyanarayana, the manifestation of Lord Vishnu.
It is said that the Gujarat state is famous for celebrating this festival heavily and with a lot of devotion. The natives pray to Ambaji Devi and hold a fair at the Ambaji temple to honour her.
Bhadrapada Purnima has many benefits for those wishing to succeed in all their endeavours. However, this can only be achieved if one performs this ritual under the guidance of a veteran Vedic Pandit. But finding a reliable Pandit who knows the ins and outs of these rituals is quite challenging.
So, to ease your challenge, SmartPuja is here to assist you
SmartPuja is a religious startup that provides hassle-free pandit booking services online. We have a comprehensive list of complete Puja services, apart from the Bhadrapada Purnima ritual, including
- Griha Pravesh Puja
- Office Puja
- Satyanarayan Puja
- Maha Ganapati Puja and many others.
Besides booking Pandit online, we also provide options for catering, florist, photography, astrology and e-puja services for devotees, ensuring they have a hassle-free religious experience.
In addition, our services are available in a wide range of cities, including Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad.
So, if you’re struggling with finding a pandit for your Bhadrapada Purnima ritual or any festive or religious occasion, Contact Us at 080-61160400 or visit our website:-www.smartpuja.com for the details.
Bhadrapada Purnima Festival Dates From 2023-2029
|Tithi||Start & End Time|
|Purnima tithi in September 2023 (Bhadrapada Purnima)||September 28, 6:49 pm – September 29, 3:27 pm|
|Purnima tithi in September 2024 (Bhadrapada Purnima)||September 17, 11:44 am – September 18, 8:04 am|
|Purnima tithi in September 2025 (Bhadrapada Purnima)||September 07, 1:41 am – September 07, 11:38 pm|
|Purnima tithi in September 2026 (Bhadrapada Purnima)||September 25, 11:07 pm – September 26, 10:18 pm|
|Purnima tithi in September 2027 (Bhadrapada Purnima)||September 15, 2:48 am – September 16, 4:33 am|
|Purnima tithi in September 2028 (Bhadrapada Purnima)||September 03, 2:52 am – September 04, 5:17 am|
|Purnima tithi in September 2029 (Bhadrapada Purnima)||September 21, 8:18 pm – September 22, 9:59 pm|
What Is The Significance of Bhadrapada Purnima?
Bhadrapada Purnima Mantra
ऊँ नम: शिवाय
- During each Hindu month, there is a Purnima and an Amavasya.
- According to Hindu mythology, Bhadrapada Purnima holds religious significance since it is dedicated to commemorating Lord Vishnu.
- Immediately following Bhadrapada Purnima, the Pitru Paksha commences.
- Devotees on this day conduct Griha Pravesh Puja or Housewarming ceremony.
- This day signifies a very sacred & special occasion for Lord Vishnu’s devotees. Therefore, devotees try to obtain Lord Vishnu’s blessings on this day to live better lives.
Rituals of Bhadrapada Purnima
There are several rituals associated with the festival of Bhadrapada Purnima.
- Individuals wake up early on this day and bathe in holy rivers (Ganga, Narmada) before beginning their morning rituals.
- On this day (Bhadrapada Purnima), devotees perform Satyanarayan Pooja in their houses. And also offer Bhog (Panchamrit, sweets & fruits) to the idol of Lord Satyanarayan.
- After performing Satyanarayan Puja, devotees conduct Satyanarayan Katha, which is known to be auspicious in their homes.
- Following the Satyaranayan Katha, individuals also read the stories of Lord Shiva, Brahma, Vishnu, and Goddess Lakshmi.
- It is believed that on this day, many individuals keep Bhadrapada Purnima Fasting. A diet consisting only of milk products and fruits is followed during this vrat. This day is a no-grain, no-pulse, no-salt day.
- Bhadrapada Purnima Day is also considered an auspicious day to perform Maha Mrityunjay Hawan. The one who performs this havan with utmost devotion will be free from all negative aspects of their life.
- It is considered auspicious to perform philanthropic activities on this day.
Bhadrapada Purnima Vrat
According to Narada Puran, on Bhadrapada Purnima, Uma Maheshwar Vrat is performed.
The Uma Maheshwar Vrat holds a lot of importance for women in Hindu Tradition.
Women who perform this Vrat with complete devotion experience good fortune and are bestowed with a brilliant kid.
To facilitate this Vrat, the following Bhadrapa Purnima Puja Vidhi has been prepared:
- Place the idol of Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva in your Pooja Sthan and contemplate their names.
- Contemplate and revere the Ardhnarishwar form of Shiva Parvati by offering incense sticks, camphor, Diya, fresh flowers, and pure Ghee-based food.
Bhadrapada Purnima Katha
According to Matsya Puran, Uma Maheswar Vrat Katha is read on Bhadrapada Purnima after commemorating Pooja and Vrat to remind us of some life lessons, and it begins with:
- There was a Rishi Muni named Durvasa who went to Kailash Parvat to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati. In return, Lord Shiva gave him a garland made of Bail leaves.
- After seeking the blessings of Lord Shiva, Durvasa went to Vishnu Lok to seek his blessings.
- When he met Lord Vishnu, he offered his garland, which Lord Shiva gave him, but rather than wearing it, Lord Vishnu put it around Gadua’s neck.
- Seeing the gesture of Lord Vishnu, Rishi Durvasa got very angry and impromptu cursed him by saying you have disrespected the garland given by Lord Shiva, so now Goddess Lakshmi will leave you, and even Sheshnaag will no longer be of assistance to you.
- When Lord Vishnu heard this, he politely asked Rishi Durvasa for a way to get rid of the curse.
- Seeing his polite behaviour, Rishi Durvasa instructed him to perform Uma-Maheshwar Vrat (fast), after which he would receive everything he lost.
- So, with the effect of this fast, Lord Vishnu got everything back along with Goddess Lakshmi.
Online Pandit For Bhadrapada Purnima With SmartPuja
For the upcoming Bhadrapada Purnima, you may want to conduct it in proper Vedic rituals to impress Lord Satyanarayan, Shiva and Goddess Parvati, but are unsure who can perform this ritual appropriately on your behalf so that you can reap the maximum benefits.
What if we say we can provide you with everything you need in six steps?
Yes, with SmartPuja, it is very easy to locate an experienced Vedic Pandit who can perform your rituals appropriately. Not only is finding Pandit quite easy, but even booking is quite straightforward.
Please provide us with these six details, and your Pandit is booked:
- Your Name
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Variant Of Puja
- Date Of Puja
Once you fill in these details, you will receive a booking confirmation via SMS or email, along with a comprehensive checklist that you will have to arrange from your end for a divine experience.
You can also book your Puja via WhatsApp: +91 90360 50108
or Email: email@example.com.
So book now, and let’s stay blessed together.
FAQs Related To Bhadrapada Purnima
Purva-Bhadrapada’s electional nature is Krura which means fierce, and Purva-Bhadra nakshatras are excellent for
– Abandoning bad habits
– Breaking up with toxic people
– The decision to quit a job
– Performing any detoxification or cleansing process
Lord Shiva is the Purva Bhadrapada Deity, and its believed that an individual born in this Nakshatra is compassionate and kind.
Yes, the one born on Bhadrapada Purnima is considered auspicious, and it is believed that they will maintain long hair and live for 80 years.
According to Hindu traditions, Bhadrapada Purnima falls on Shukla Paksha’s full moon.
This festival commemorates the worship of Lord Satyanarayan, the incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
On this day, Bhadrapada month ends, and Ashwin month begins.
Native on this day performs Satyanarayan Pooja in conjunction with Satyanarayan Katha.