Pitru Paksha is when Hindus offer prayers for their ancestors through a ritual of offerings of prayer, food and water. It is for the departed souls of the family members, also known as Shradh.
Different names across different parts of India know Pitru Paksha. Some common names used for Pitru Paksha include Kanagat, Jitya, Pitru Pakshya, Pitru Pokkho and more. Pitru Paksha lasts for around 16 days a year.
During this time, a wide range of offerings are made to the departed souls, Pujas are conducted, and mantras are chanted. The Pitru Paksha is said to be one of the most important times to make the deceased souls happy and content. The rituals must be performed with diligence and as per customs to remove any hindrances that the departed souls must face so they can move toward heaven.
While performing the Pitru Paksha Puja, the mantra is the most important thing. If you’re unaware of these strong mantras, the expert Pandits at SmartPuja can guide you. With our presence across some of the major parts of India, we have been helping people perform a wide range of Pujas, with Pitru Paksha being an important one. Let’s look at some of the most important Pitru Paksha mantras.
Pitru Paksha Mantras
Om Pitru Ganaay Vidmahe Jagat Dharini Dheemahi Tanno Pitro Prachodyaat
Om Adya Bhootaay Vidmahe Sarw Sewyaay Dheemahi Shiv Shakti Swarupen Pitru Dev Prachodyaat
Om Devtabhyah Pitrubhayash Mahayogibhy Ew Ch | Namah Swahaaye Swadhaaye Nityamev Namo Namah
How to Chant Pitru Paksha Mantras?
Chanting Pitru Paksha mantras isn’t enough to liberate your ancestors. There is a process that you must follow to ensure your prayers are being heard. This ensures that the journey of the departed soul to heaven is smooth and easy. The steps to perform the Pitru Paksha mantras diligently are as follows:
- You should wake up early in the morning and get done with your daily routine.
- Take a bath and spread out a white asana for seating. You can also use a white blanket if any white asana is unavailable.
- After taking a bath, you should change into spotless, white clothes.
- Light incense sticks and lamps and offer prayers to the ancestors. We’d suggest you use a saffron incense stick.
- Perform the Tarpan vidhi properly. If you’re unaware of how to do it, our Pandits can guide you through the process.
- Chant the Pitru Paksha mantra and pray to your ancestors.
Importance of Pitru Paksha Mantra
Performing the Pitru Paksha mantra can have various advantages; some of the most prominent ones include the following:
- You should chant the Pitru Paksha mantra to delight or please your ancestors.
- If you’re facing any hindrances or problems at work, your ancestors’ blessings can help resolve them.
- If you have Pitru Dosha, it can be eliminated by changing the Pitru Paksha mantra.
- Chanting the mantra can bring peace and blessings from ancestors.
Being familiar with the Pitru Paksha mantra can benefit you in several ways. While performing the Puja, you must be chanting the mantra properly to win the trust and blessings of your ancestors. Our Pandits at SmartPuja can help you chant the mantras accurately and efficiently. Contact us to know more!